Friday, August 21, 2009

No Grocery Store Week!

The pantry was full, the refrigerator in decent shape, and I was just tired of buying more food when we never seem to completely finish what we have. So... this Sunday I decided to skip the grocery store & see what we could do for the week. Not having planned for this ahead of time meant I had to be a bit creative with our meals, but all in all we've had great meals and it's nice to be eating cleaning out the pantry a bit. I didn't even post a meal plan b/c I wasn't quite sure how this would work!

So, what have we eaten?
Sunday: Bean burritos on homemade tortillas
Monday: Cheesy chicken subs, pretzels & hummus
Tuesday: creamy zucchini with linguine, homemade bread, orange jello salad (with company)
Wednesday: More cheesy chicken subs, pretzels & hummus
Thursday: the one not so good day - I had cereal & Javier ate ? - we both had things we were rushing out the door for and weren't able to eat together
Friday: out with friends
Saturday: Homemade pizza

We definitely can't do this too often because it's harder to eat healthy and avoid the temptation of eating out, but this week it definitely worked for us!

No comments: